Skip to main content


Whittier, CA |
Filed under: Education law

So I have had social anxiety since freshmen year and I am now a junior in high school. Due to my social anxiety I have missed a lot of school and now have to go to court. I've searched up on the web what could happen and it says my mom might have to go to jail. I have not been officially diagnosed with SAD but will be seen a specialist soon to get medicated. Will the doctor be able to dismiss the court order or what will happen now? Will my mom go to jail?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Take a breath, no one is going to jail. Write a letter to the judge explaining yourself IN DETAIL. Offer it tithe octet when your case is called (actually when your You are going to want to bring a copy of a letter signed by a psychologist, that you are seeing for therapy, telling the court when you will be able to start going to school; OR, explaining how you are starting a homeschool program RIGHT NOW. You cannot simply ignore this problem. You need help, and unfortunately, as a minor, that means talking to the schools.

  2. Your mom iscredpinsiblevfirvyoubattending school. If you have a medical reason to not attend then she us responsible for signing you up for an alternative program.
    Since things are being worked omit isn't likely to result in jail. Sounds like she could use some help identifying the alternatives.
    It is more likely that YOU would end up in custody rather than your mom That is one way to get you to school. Be sure to explore those alternatives.

    The content on this Web site is intended for informational purposes only. No part of this site is intended to provide legal advice. Nothing on this site is intended to nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. The information contained herein does not constitute any type of guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of any specific case. Each case is unique and depends on the specific facts of that case. Never solely rely on the internet to determine your legal actions.

  3. Your parents are responsible for you attending school. Talk to a local criminal defense attorney.

    This is a general discussion of legal principles by a Louisiana lawyer and does not create an attorney/client relationship. It's impossible to give detailed, accurate advice based on a few sentences on a website (and you shouldn't provide too much specific information about your legal matter on a public forum like this site, anyway). You should always seek advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction who can give you an informed opinion after reviewing all of the relevant information.

Education law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics