Skip to main content

Will my license be reinstated or suspended?

North Bergen, NJ |

I was stopped on oct 7 for driving with a suspended license. I did not knew my license was suspended, and told the officef that. I stated that i did not had any tickets beside meter tickets in hoboken. The next day i received a letter on the mail sayin that my license was suspended as of oct 3 but at the top the letter said it was prepared on oct 4. I paid all my parking tickets and restoration fee. What can i do? Much regards

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Was the letter you received from the NJ MVC? Was there anything in the letter regarding requesting a motor vehicle hearing? Contact a license suspension attorney and he or she can go over some other details and lay out your options. More information is required to fully answer your question.


  2. This matter should be dismissed. In addition to the preparation date you need the envelope and the postage date. You likely received a FTA notice saying you would be suspended on the 3rd if you did not take care of the tickets. Therefore the mailing on the 4th makes sense. You may need an attorney to be successful.

  3. You will be able to get the ticket reduced to a driving while suspended due to failure to pay parking tickets. That offense does not carry a license suspension but significant fines. An attorney may be able to reduce the fines as well. Good luck.

  4. You would need to take all of the evidence that you mentioned in your question in order to meet your burden. If you are financially able to use a lawyer, you should consider doing so. Good luck to you.


    IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website:

  5. you can definitely get that charge dismissed against you.

    Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. There are always specific facts that are important for an attorney to review before providing advice to a Client. In no way should you rely on the response provided herein to conduct your legal affairs on your own. You should always hire an attorney before you rely on advice provided.

  6. An attorney would must likely be able to resolve this matter on your behalf.

    The above is to considered general information and not legal advice specific to your case. Please contact me to further discuss your case.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics