Will my income be considered for child support of my step children?

Asked over 1 year ago - Trabuco Canyon, CA

I am currently married in the state of california and was considering divorcing my husband. He went out and slept with another women and got her pregnant. The girl he got pregnant told me if we are still legally married at the time when the baby is due that my income will also be considered for child support. We live in orange county.

1. Michael Charles Schwerin

1

Answered . Not true. Your income is not considered for his support obligation.

2. Rhonda Diane Ellifritz

Answered . No, your income is not considered, but it could potentially lower the amount of support any children you had with him would be entitled to. Why are you even talking to her? It sounds like she is trying to cause problems. My advice is that you decide if you want to stay with him before you have children. For further information, visit http://www.ellifritzlaw.com