Will my income be considered for child support of my step children?

Trabuco Canyon, CA |

I am currently married in the state of california and was considering divorcing my husband. He went out and slept with another women and got her pregnant. The girl he got pregnant told me if we are still legally married at the time when the baby is due that my income will also be considered for child support. We live in orange county.

1. Not true. Your income is not considered for his support obligation.

Michael Schwerin, San Jose, California phone: 408-295-4232 email: schwerin@ix.netcom.com. Consultation fees, rates and retainers vary based on need and ability to pay.

2. No, your income is not considered, but it could potentially lower the amount of support any children you had with him would be entitled to. Why are you even talking to her? It sounds like she is trying to cause problems. My advice is that you decide if you want to stay with him before you have children. For further information, visit http://www.ellifritzlaw.com

Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel.

Child support topics