Will my husband get jail time for driving with a suspended liscence while on probation

Asked over 1 year ago - New Haven, CT

We now live in NY but he was pulled over in new haven CT for driving 85 mph on a 50 mph highway..his liscence is still suspended but needed to be reinstated this year.the only reason he was in CT is because his car got stolen and he had to leave an drive his cousins car home early morning cause I'm pregnant and was in the hospital

1. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

3

Answered . If your husband's license was suspended for a DWI, the state will look for jail unless his attorney can convince the court that there were mitigating circumstances behind his decision to drive. If it was suspended for a non dwi event and if he does not have multiple convictions for driving with a suspended license than he will not, in all liklihood, be looking at jail.

2. David B Pittman

Pro

1

Answered . Get him a lawyer ASAP.