Will my husband be deported? if yes how long will it take

Asked over 1 year ago - Mesquite, TX

I married him, petitioned for him and he got his papers then stated that he was not in love with me I wan to with drawl can I and will he be deported? please tell me

1. Tolulope O. Kuteyi

2

Answered . The only way to have his green card removed is if it can be proven that he did not enter into the marriage in good faith; i.e., that he only married you for the green card. Otherwise him falling out of love with you is not enough.

2. Fadi N. Minawi

2

Answered . If you both entered a bona fide relationship, there is not too much that can be done. He will have to remove the conditions of the Green Card given that marriage is under 2 years. That could be difficult for him.

3. Madhu Kalra

Pro

2

Answered . If he got his permanent green card, its very little that could be done, however, your marriage with him was less than two years and he obtained conditional green card, you may contact and attorney and discuss it in more particular your facts and circumstances.