Will my husband be deported?

Asked 6 months ago - Missouri City, TX

My husband had court for dwi and was given 60 days in jail. I am worried that he might get imigration because he enter USA without inspection. In 2012 the I-130 was approve. I dont know if this will help to stop a deportation IF he gets imigration hold.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . IF he is, it will be for being illegally not for DUI.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . To make sure your husband will not end up being deported and to seek his release on bond, immediately take action to hire the best immigration lawyer money can buy in your area or next largest locality.

3. Francisco Javier Alvillar

Pro

3

Answered . There are two aspects of your case, one criminal and one immigration. The criminal aspect is over insomuch as he was convicted of DWI. As soon as he serves his 60 days he will be turned over to ICE. They will then decide if legally and in their discretion he qualifies for a bond. If they give him a bond you will have the option to pay it or ask an immigration judge to lower it. Sometimes immigration will consider releasing a detainee on humanitarian parole. This is the situation and all this said, you absolutely need to hire an immigration attorney to assist you with this matter. Good luck!

4. J. David Swaim Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . We need much more information about his immigration history and the criminal case. Please contact a Board Certified immigration lawyer immediately.

5. Angelique Giselle Montes

Answered . You should seek a private consultation with an immigration attorney.