Will my husband be charged if he committed a crime while he was mentally unstable and delusional ?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

My husband is a 25 yr old veteran 100 % service connected for bipolar and has been hospitalized for pzychotic episodes about 4 times in the last 2 years not including this one he is now in a state hospital on a jail hold because of what happened . here is the story : he left our home in california to go stay with his mom in ohio because he was delusional and began having hallucinations,when he got there he broke into a funeral home, punched holes in walls and doors, undressed himself started to dress up dead bodies and tried ressurecting them cause he said he was jesus he has been in the hospital for 3 weeks and is now being charged with 3 felonies 2 for breaking and entering and 1 for robbery. So what are the odds that he will get charged for this when he wasen't in his right mindset ?

1. Barry Franklin Poulson

2

Answered . As noted in my answer to your similar question, "He can be charged with a crime, no matter what. His defense attorney can raise the mental health issues either to convince the prosecutor to dismiss in favor of treatment or as a legal defense if the case goes forward. You need a criminal defense attorney. A defense attorney will be used to cases involving mental health issues. "