Will my Ex qualify to receive Food Stamps (SNAP) in NYC?

New York, NY |

He is required to go to a drug treatment program instead of serving time in jail for drug possession and intent to distribute. I guess hes enrolled but he wont start till around the end of this month (june). He lives with his family now and wants to be able to eat and etc. so hes interested in applying for food stamps. Will he qualify considering the reason why he is going to attend drug rehab?

Depends on who he is living with, his income, his assets and his ability to find work. No harm in him applying and filing out the application honestly.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

I don't know whether your ex qualifies for SNAP or not, but he is not barred from receiving SNAP based on a drug conviction.