Skip to main content

Will my ex get his unconditional green card??

Worcester, MA |

My ex-"husband" used me for a green card and we divorced a year after the marriage and separated 7 months after marrying. He got his conditional green card based on the marriage. I reported him for fraud at U.S.C.I.S. and spoke directly to an immigration officer and gave her the evidence I had, affidavits, record of him texting another woman, etc..She took on the case directly and put it in his file and said that he will be questioned when he applies for his 10 years green card. But she told me that he has not applied yet for it, and I don't know if he will because he has like 2 weeks left until his conditional expires. I don't have hard core evidence that he used me, but I do have circumstantial, like that he got engaged to a girl back home even before our divorce was final.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Your question was answered here several days ago:

  2. Not knowing all the facts all I can say is a bad marriage is not necessarily a sham marriage.

  3. Repeat question previously asked and answered multiple times already . Please stop posting.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  4. It isn't necessary to repeat your question.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  5. Consult with an attorney, licensed in your jurisdiction, who is experienced in this area of law. Many lawyers, in a majority of jurisdictions, provide free initial consultations; see if there are any in your area.

    This is not legal advice. This response is provided for general information only, as a public service. It is not to be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship; nor is it an attempt to create an attorney/client relationship. Consult with local counsel in your jurisdiction about the specifics of your case, which is the only way to gain true meaningful legal guidance and/or representation.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics