Will my ex get his permanent green card?

Medford, MA |

My ex-"husband" used me to get a green card. He has a conditional one now and is applying for the permanent one. I submitted a letter and evidence of fraud to USCIS. I submitted pictures from facebook of his fiancee and him together as they got engaged right after I filed for divorce. Now he wants to bring her here. Also, he cheated on me here with another woman, I have phone numbers he texted. I submitted 2 affidavits from friends who knew him. Also, we were together for only 6 months after marriage. We don't even have one single tax return. But he collected other evidence and kept it. I spoke to an immigration officer and she is working on the case. What are the chances he will remove conditions?

1. The issue is whether he cheated on job, but whether your marriage to him was a fraud from the very beginning.

Please see

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. The decision to grant or deny a request to remove conditions is solely within the discretion of USCIS. The adjudicating officer will review his application in conjunction with any evidence has to establish the marriage was entered into in good faith. If USCIS doubts his intentions when marrying you, the request will be denied.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

3. Hard to say..

Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.

4. It depends on what evidence your ex-husband has to support his likely claim that the marriage was founded in good faith, regardless of the fact he entered into a relationship soon after your divorce.

Agarwal Law Offices 3 Dundee Park, B10 Andover, MA 01810 www.agarwaloffices.com This information is for informational and educational use only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics