Will my charges show up on a background check if my case was dismissed through the DEJ program?

Fontana, CA |
Filed under: Felony crime

i was charged a felony of second degree commercial burglary and took a few classes and my lawyer said it was dismissed. Now he tells me i can say on job applications i have never been convicted of a crime but ive applied to a few jobs and feel they can see it on a background check i would like to know what will they see if the jobs im applying for see anything at all. also if i do a live scan am im still clear or not. please looking for answers not, i don't want to consult my lawyer again or anything like that.

Even though dismissed, the arrest and charge can show up.

Order your own LiveScan and see what's there. It's cheap, fast, reliable. Why guess about this?

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Here is a link with instructions on how to request your criminal history through the CA Department of Justice.