WILL MY BOYFRIENDS DV CASE BE DISMISSED THIS IS THE 2ND COURT DATE AND I MADE FALSE ACCUSATIONS I TOLD THE DA I WONT COMPLY

I MADE FALSE ACCUSATIONS ON MY BF BCUZ HE WAS CHEATING WITH A FAMILY FRIEND SO I CALLED THE POLICE AND SAID HE HIT ME BUT I WENT IN TO THE DA OFFICE AND TOLD THEM I LIED AND WILL NOT APPEAR IN COURT BUT THEY ISSUED NO CONTACT ORDERS ON THE FIRST COURT APPEARANCE HE GOES BACK TO COURT ON THE 31ST IS THERE ANY CHANCE THE CASE WILL BE DISMISSED

Milwaukee, WI -

Jeffrey J. Szczewski

Jeffrey J. Szczewski

Criminal Defense Attorney - Waukesha, WI

I want to make it very clear that if you are served with a subpoena, you are required to come to court. I can also tell you that if you tell the DA's Office that you want the no-contact order lifted, they should notify the court of your wishes. A medication is very unlikely if you are not at the hearing in person, so that the judge can ask you questions.

In Milwaukee County, the courts schedule up to 20 domestic violence cases for trial on the same day because so few alleged victims appear when subpoenaed. On the trial dates, the court starts the morning by calling the cases one by one, and when the DA's Office does not have its necessary witnesses, the case gets dismissed. To be clear, I am not advising you to disobey a subpoena. No attorney will advise you to do that.

Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

DUI / DWI Attorney - Madison, WI

They can continue the case without your permission. You will be subpoenaed to appear at the trial if it goes to trial; that is a court order and you can be punished if you do not obey.

You can request that the "no contact" provision be lifted. You will almost certainly have to appear in court when that comes up. You can contact your boyfriend's lawyer about this, but that lawyer is not your lawyer and cannot give you advice.