WILL MY BOYFRIENDS DV CASE BE DISMISSED THIS IS THE 2ND COURT DATE AND I MADE FALSE ACCUSATIONS I TOLD THE DA I WONT COMPLY

Milwaukee, WI |
Filed under: Domestic violence

I MADE FALSE ACCUSATIONS ON MY BF BCUZ HE WAS CHEATING WITH A FAMILY FRIEND SO I CALLED THE POLICE AND SAID HE HIT ME BUT I WENT IN TO THE DA OFFICE AND TOLD THEM I LIED AND WILL NOT APPEAR IN COURT BUT THEY ISSUED NO CONTACT ORDERS ON THE FIRST COURT APPEARANCE HE GOES BACK TO COURT ON THE 31ST IS THERE ANY CHANCE THE CASE WILL BE DISMISSED

I want to make it very clear that if you are served with a subpoena, you are required to come to court. I can also tell you that if you tell the DA's Office that you want the no-contact order lifted, they should notify the court of your wishes. A medication is very unlikely if you are not at the hearing in person, so that the judge can ask you questions.

In Milwaukee County, the courts schedule up to 20 domestic violence cases for trial on the same day because so few alleged victims appear when subpoenaed. On the trial dates, the court starts the morning by calling the cases one by one, and when the DA's Office does not have its necessary witnesses, the case gets dismissed. To be clear, I am not advising you to disobey a subpoena. No attorney will advise you to do that.

2. They can continue the case without your permission. You will be subpoenaed to appear at the trial if it goes to trial; that is a court order and you can be punished if you do not obey.

You can request that the "no contact" provision be lifted. You will almost certainly have to appear in court when that comes up. You can contact your boyfriend's lawyer about this, but that lawyer is not your lawyer and cannot give you advice.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.