Will my arrest show up on my background check ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

I was arrested for petit larceny , was given a desk appearance ticket . In court I was given a ACD & was told to stay out of trouble for six months . I also did community service . I was told that my case should be sealed after the six months. I'm now applying for a security guard job & would like to know if my arrest and case would show up in my background check ?

1. John M. Cromwell

Pro

2

Answered . Since it is still an open case, it will probably show up, especially for a security guard job.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . During the 6 month ACD period the arrest charge and the ACD will show up.

3. David P. Badanes

2

Answered . If you are in the 6 month period, then the ACD will show up. After the 6 months, then it should NOT show up, but, you should double-check.

4. Ronald Steven Nir

2

Answered . You do not indicate where you received the ACD. You have 6 months from the date of receiving the ACD for dismissal & sealing. Additionally they cannot ask about arrests only convictions

The advice I have given does not bind the parties in any manner and is merely given as a courtesy.
  5. Joshua Richmond Lippes

2

Answered . During the period your ACD is open, your arrest and charge will likely appear on a background check. Once your ACD expires, the charges should be dismissed and arrest taken off your record.