Will my application for Deffered Act affect me if I'm working illegally?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Downey, CA

If I'm applying for the deffered act application and I'm currently working. Do I need to to quit my job and then apply? I'm concern my application will be denied from working illegally? Or are you expected to be working when applying... Does it make a difference? Please what do advice??

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

2

Answered . There is no need for yu to quit your job.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

1

Answered . DACA applications will not be denied solely on the basis of unauthorized employment

3. Laura Mandell

3

Answered . Many of my clients use their paystubs as evidence of their physical presence in the U.S. when applying for deferred action. USCIS, the agency that will review your application, does not "expect" you to be working when you apply, but the deferred action criteria don't prohibit you from working when you apply, either.

After you apply for deferred action and are approved, you will be able to get a valid social security number. You should only file taxes using your new, valid social security number (and not an ITIN or whatever social security number you were using before), and you can request that the Social Security Administration combine their records to include work you did under an ITIN or a different social security number. I suggest you speak to an experienced immigration attorney or tax attorney if you decide to do this.

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.