Will Michigan extradite on a $250 failure to appear at child support hearing bench warrant?

Houston, TX |

For starters, I haven't lived in Michigan for years...never received a notice that there was any type of court hearing/date. I assume they did not have an updated address for me. Is it possible to get the warrant dropped? If not, until I am able to pay it off...do I need to be concerned with getting extradited back to Michigan for that warrant?

1. If you are arrested, the Michigan warrant could require that you be extradited back to face charges, however, in my experience counties in other states rarely extradite for smaller warrants like you have described. It could result in you being unable to bond until the hold is lifted and staying additional time in jail. I have seen states extradite for what we may consider "petty" crimes before so you are always at risk for arrest and detention until the warrant is cleared in Michigan.

Child support topics