Will it show on a background check?

Asked over 1 year ago - Winchester, KY

I didn't pay a fine for 209 dollars for alcohol intoxication in a public place so I think I got a midemeanor warrant. But I had a job interview for walmart to pay it off will the warrant show up and keep from getting the job to pay it off?

1. 1

Answered . Hire an attorney to put the case on the docket, set aside any warrant and pay it ASAP.

2. 1

Answered . When you plead guilty for Alcohol Intoxication In a Public Place and the fines were imposed, you were given a date by which you had to have these fines paid. This is commonly referred to as a "Show/Cause" hearing. When you didn't pay and didn't appear for the hearing, a bench warrant was issued. This is not a new charge, but rather the only way the court sees to bring you in and find out why you haven't paid. It is very simple for an attorney to redocket the case, request more time if needed and get this behind you once and hopefully for all. You really need to contact an attorney to handle this for you.