Will it expunge?

Dallas, TX |

Arrested on DWI and failure to turn signal. DWI dismissed and traffic ticket paid off. When I expunge the DWI will the traffic ticket remain as an arrest?

Maybe, maybe not. Generally a case that has been dismissed can be expunge after the statute of limiitations has run.

Cynthia Henley

Generally when a ticket is simply paid off, it is a conviction. If you took a conviction on the ticket, you cannot expunge it. But a dismissed DWI can be expunged two years from the date it is dismissed.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

so will there be an arrest for the ticket or just simply result in a fine at the court?

I would suspect that the citation would not indicate an arrest, especially if the DWI was expunged properly

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
1205 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 369-3737

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI