Will it be worth it to hire an attorney?

pretty serious rear end collision due to negligence, over 6k in damage on car which is total loss, been to doc 3x due to whiplash in last 2 1/2 weeks, no major injuries only severe sprains, doc ordered physical therapy, cant get in until dec 11, no contact from insurance regarding my personal injury this far.

1. You should absolutely consult a lawyer about an accident where your car is totaled and you have personal injuries to boot. Keep careful written records of all your doctor's visits and any other expenses you incur as a result of the accident (for example, a rental car or vacation / sick time off work). If the other driver's insurance company contacts you by phone (or in person), ask that they only communicate with you in writing. (After you get a lawyer, they should only contact him/her.) Whatever you do, don't sign anything for either insurance company (either yours or the other side's) without having it reviewed by an attorney.

2. Definitely consult with a personal injury lawyer. Without additional information, it is tough to determine what your best course of action is going forward. If you would like a free telephone consultation, you may contact my office at (877)283-2959. Best of luck to you.

3. Whether or not it's worth it to pursue a claim depends on your damages, i.e. lost wages, medical expenses, property damage, etc. My office handles personal injury actions, if you want a free consultation call me at 213-626-0571 to discuss your incident.

4. Absolutely. If you are experiencing pain and discomfort, you should seek the immediate attention of a medical professional and not wait until December 11. You should seek the representation of an attorney and not speak to the other party's insurance carrier unless your attorney is present, and definitely do not sign anything unless you have an attorney review it.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions nor does it create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author and therefore the response should not be relied upon as legal advice.

5. It is impossible to know for certain when your injuries will resolve. Evidence about the collison becomes harder to assemble the longer you wait and statement you give to the insurance company to be polite (" Yes I ma hurt but its not too bad thank you.") Can do permanent damage to your cliam. Absolutely consult with an attorney.

6. It is impossible to know for certain when your injuries will resolve. Evidence about the collison becomes harder to assemble the longer you wait and statements you give to the insurance company to be polite (" Yes I am hurt but its not too bad thank you.") Can do permanent damage to your claim. Absolutely consult with an attorney.

7. This is a case where you should get a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Getting timely treatment is very important. The more delay there is in treatment the less the insurance company will offer you at the end of the case. You should consult with an orthopedic surgeon to make sure that you do not have anything more serious than sprains/strains. Physical therapy should not be delayed and you should ask for a referral to a facility that can start treatment right away.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change

8. Our office would be glad to try to help you. You can call us for a free consultation, toll free: 866-465-8792

Robert Walch

9. I do think you need an attorney. You say it was a serious rear-ender but only whiplash injuries. I would respectfully tell you it is too early to tell if you have long lasting injuries or not. In addition, a good personal injury attorney can help assess your injuries, and suggest appropriate doctors, depending on your symptoms.

I suggest you hire an attorney now. It does not cost anything until the attorney settles the case or wins at trial.

Adam Sorrells
    Chico Injury Attorney

Disclaimer: The following was not legal advice, and cannot be relied on. For informational purposes only. Time is of the essence, do not delay.