Will it be a visa fraud?

Syracuse, NY |

i came to us last june on f1 visa and stayed till now and never attened school, i got married to my gf that i met 1 year ago in greece, my visa will expire the end of december, now i'm applying to adjust my status, do you think i have problems?"

1. Yes, that can become an issue in your case.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. You should consult with an immigration lawyer before applying for adjustment of status or leaving the U.S.

3. You are wise to use the word fraud.

Material misrepresentation to a US Consular office is another phrase that should have you concerned.

Meet with an immigration lawyer before you do anything, more, foolish.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.