Will I still get trouble due to the hit and run claim right now?

I had a minor accident at parking lot in front of my rental house. I hit a parked vehicle when backing off. It is around 6:00 am in the morning and everybody was sleeping, I knew the owner of the vehicle was also living in the house so I just left the scene and thought I could contact with the owner after returning since we all live here.On the second day, we negotiated the accident and I called the police to get an report. At that time, we all did not mention the hit and run issue to the police.Then my insurance handle the case to compensate her. But recently, i got message from the other party, she asked me to pay her the compensation for the diminished value since my insurance company refused to cover it and threatened to claim hit and run against me if i would not pay her.

Centereach, NY -

Benjamin J Lieberman

Benjamin J Lieberman

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

I wouldn't worry about any hit and run issues. Once you have exchanged information (and insurance covered the claim) you cannot get into any trouble.

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Criminal Defense Attorney - Garden City, NY

Don't stress b/c it was ultimately reported.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

Jonathan Neal Portner

Jonathan Neal Portner

Criminal Defense Attorney - Columbia, MD

You contacted the other party before the police got involved. You are fine.

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

Criminal Defense Attorney

You owe it.