Will I recieve a Honorable discharge if I complete my time in service?

Asked about 2 years ago - Joplin, MO

Hi, I'm in the army and I've had two company grade Article 15's in the past and two Commanders Bars to Reenlist. I have recently overcome my last bar to reenlist and have not been in any trouble since than. I start etsing in just a few months an am about to put in my packet for transition leave. Will my past Article's affect my seperation characterization although I am being given the option to reenlist or ETS on time? or will I recieve an honorable discharge for ETSing on time and going into the Inactive ready reserve?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Philip Douglas Cave


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Under the circumstances it seems that you'll have the chance to get the HD. What you should look out for is someone deciding that you should be chaptered and given a general discharge. They have time to do that. So keep a very low profile, don't aggravate anyone.
    With the down-sizing there have been people getting close to ETS who have been chaptered.

  2. William Emil Cassara


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should receive an Honorable Discharge, as long as you are not chaptered out. This is a normal ETS, and you should received an Honorable Discharge.

  3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . So, the bars have been removed and neither of your Art 15s resulted in an administrative separation (or you don't have an administrative separation pending) and you have no other legal or medical issues ?

    If that is the case--Honorable!

    READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia.... more
  4. John E. Whitaker

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes, as the others said, unless you get kicked out, you should get an HD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,325 answers this week

2,959 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,325 answers this week

2,959 attorneys answering