Will I qualify for cancellation of removal?

Dallas, TX |

My wife is a resident. I have been here since 1999, I got TPS since I am from El Savlador but it was taken away after I got DWI in 2006 and driving with suspended license. I could qualify for cancellation of removal now?

1. I would need to know more. Cancellation of removal is a serious defense from removal that you ask before an immigration judge. Maybe you should consider an in person consultation.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

2. Your case is not one that can be resolved in this type of forum.

You need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney in your area. Make sure that you bring all your immigration and criminal records with you. The attorney will be able to determine what can be done (and if you qualify for cancellation of removal).

Plenty of attorneys on this site offer free initial consultations or you can find an attorney on www.aila.org.

Remember to find someone who deals with deportation/removal and criminal cases.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.