Will i need a lawyer to get custody of my 9 month old daughter? and how? Will i be able to get full custody?

Meridian, MS |

me and my ex have a 9 month old daughter. he has court for domestic violence coming up in a couple of weeks. Basically he fractured my hand and my dad took me to the hospital to get my hand x-ray. he also held our daughter upside down by one leg for fun which i do not approve of. I've done a petition to have a protection order against him which was granted. the visitation for him to see our daughter last 3 hours once a week. I have temp. custody of our daughter for 6 months. I live in Mississippi. He use drug/alcohol up until now. Is there any way i will have a chance of getting any type of custody of our daughter. I have no charges on me at all. also He broke a no contact order from the city and came by my house. He already been served but still violated the contact order.

i filed a petition on him and i was granted temporary custody of our 9 month old daughter but he turned around and did the same thing *tit for tat* his father girlfriend son used perjury against me so now i also have to take anger management class which i do not mind. will I still likely to have a chance? they didn't have no type of evidence but the word of mouth. I have all my evidence: Picture I took, pictures police took, hospital reports, and police reports. I've also have police report from June 2012 where his ex girlfriend punched me in my face while i was 33 weeks pregnant and also have the hospital reports for that.

Because of his behavior you have a very good argument for gaining full custody. The court will figure out what is in the best interest of the child - and from what you have said it would be to go with you. Hire an attorney.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

i filed a petition on him and i was granted temporary custody of our 9 month old daughter but he turned around and did the same thing *tit for tat* his father girlfriend son used perjury against me so now i also have to take anger management class which i do not mind. will I still likely to have a chance? they didn't have no type of evidence but the word of mouth. I have all my evidence: Picture I took, pictures police took, hospital reports, and police reports. I've also have police report from June 2012 where his ex girlfriend punched me in my face while i was 33 weeks pregnant and also have the hospital reports for that. -

Bennett James Wills

Bennett James Wills

You have a chance. But I can't tell you how good of a chance based on what you've said. It's in your best interest to hire local counsel to evaluate your case.

will it work if he also had another domestic violence from his last girlfriend out of state. he did the same thing to her. He broke into her apt., strangled her, took her car keys, and did grand theft auto. he has two domestic violence and two dui's. our house hold is great since my father is an retired officer served 29 years. at they house hold i am scared of. they have 6 pit bulls 2 of them have papers on them. there's 6 to 7 people living in a 2 bed room house. they have roaches in the fridge out the fridge in the ice cubes everywhere. the ground is contaminated from dog poop they throw out on the yard. they pipe to the toilet leads to they back yard on the ground. they all use drugs smoke cigarettes and use alcohol. I really don't think its a very bad living condition for our child. all they do is argue and fight and bring random people in they homes. they had girl living there which was my ex fathers girlfriend niece. They beat on her all the time until she turned 21 then ran away. I see her every now and then asking her how she's been doing.

You do have a strong case for custody. However, due to the fact intensive and long history, it would be best to consult an attorney. I know many like myself offer a free consultation

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

will it work if he also had another domestic violence from his last girlfriend out of state. he did the same thing to her. He broke into her apt., strangled her, took her car keys, and did grand theft auto. he has two domestic violence and two dui's. our house hold is great since my father is an retired officer served 29 years. at they house hold i am scared because they have 6 pit bulls 2 of them have papers on them. there's 6 to 7 people living in a 2 bed room house. they have roaches in the fridge out the fridge in the ice cubes everywhere. the ground is contaminated from dog poop they throw out on the yard. they pipe to the toilet leads to they back yard on the ground. they all use drugs smoke cigarettes and use alcohol. I really don't think its a very bad living condition for our child. all they do is argue and fight and bring random people in they homes. they had girl living there which was my ex fathers girlfriend niece. They beat on her all the time until she turned 21 then ran away. I see her every now and then asking her how she's been doing.

Anders Ferrington

Anders Ferrington

All those are very important factors. However a custody hearing is tricky soI would not go in unrepresented

Due to the allegations of abuse, it would be in your best interest to retain an attorney. If he breaks the no contact order again you should call the police and file a report. The judge will take all of the evidence into consideration when deciding custody.

I am a lawyer, but I am not your lawyer (unless you have been in my office and signed a contract). This communication is not intended as legal advice, and no attorney client relationship results. Please consult your own attorney for legal advice.