Will I keep my daughter?

Riverside, CA |

My husband and I are divorcing. We are fighting over our daughter. My husbands son has been sexually touching his cousin for over two years and continues to do so even though the family has had talks with him. I did contact cps but they say they can't do much. I've contacted the police too, they say the same. My husband last week, hit my wrist and hand backhanded or with a fist when I was taking our daughter out of his car because he refused to feed her so I said he wasn't going to take her if he refused to feed her and he said take her then and so I started unbuckling her and he hit my wrist and hand. I was swollen and red for hours after. I pressed charges and filed a restraining order which is June 18. I do need a lawyer as well. I don't want my daughter around that family.

1. difficult to answer. if he is being prosecuted by DA, there is probably a restraining order and it probably covers kid.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

2. In your divorce proceeding you can also ask for a Domestic Violence Restraining Order which will protect you and the child as well as make custody/visitation findings. It seems like monitored visits only should be the request you make.

The above is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

Child abuse topics