Will I keep my daughter?

Asked about 1 year ago - Riverside, CA

My husband and I are divorcing. We are fighting over our daughter. My husbands son has been sexually touching his cousin for over two years and continues to do so even though the family has had talks with him. I did contact cps but they say they can't do much. I've contacted the police too, they say the same. My husband last week, hit my wrist and hand backhanded or with a fist when I was taking our daughter out of his car because he refused to feed her so I said he wasn't going to take her if he refused to feed her and he said take her then and so I started unbuckling her and he hit my wrist and hand. I was swollen and red for hours after. I pressed charges and filed a restraining order which is June 18. I do need a lawyer as well. I don't want my daughter around that family.

1. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Answered . difficult to answer. if he is being prosecuted by DA, there is probably a restraining order and it probably covers kid.

2. Joseph Land

Answered . In your divorce proceeding you can also ask for a Domestic Violence Restraining Order which will protect you and the child as well as make custody/visitation findings. It seems like monitored visits only should be the request you make.