Will I keep custody of my daughter?

Banning, CA |

I have been a asty at home mom since she was born. She is 10 months and I breastfeed. My husband and I are separated and he keeps threatening divorce. He's asked for two hours every Sunday only. How like is it to stay that way or does he have a chance of 50/50? I don't believe he could take are of her and I have proof of a lot things. Do I take it all in to court?

If he is only asking for two hours then reduce that to writing and make it an order of the court. A good local attny will help protect you. take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

I agree with Mr. Lewis to a degree. At the very least put your agreement in writing and both of you sign and date the agreement. The agreement will be helpful if and when it goes to court. Generally, if both parents are good and available, then there is no reason not to give a 59/50. But you really need to speak with a local family law attorney to discuss ALL the facts as they relate to your case. Good luck!

I agree with Attorney Lewis

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.