Will I have trouble becoming a licensed physical therapist with one DUI on my record 15 years ago?

Las Vegas, NV |

1998 was the DUI

1. Probably nothing. You should inquire with the board that licenses physical therapists. Unfortunately, most lawyers will not know the answer to this question. I know there are many attorneys with criminal records, but still practice law. Ask around the profession.

Also, if your DUI conviction was in Nevada, it was eligible for sealing 7 years after closure of the case. Contact us if you'd like a free consultation about sealing of records. Many people do this when they choose a new career path.

2. 'Sealing records' in Nevada will remove it from your record, and you can legally deny that you were convicted. It does take several months to complete though, so the sooner you start, the better.

Clark County, Nevada practitioner.

3. Assuming your DUI was in Nevada, I would take the time to seal my record. The licensing boards are getting more difficult with issues of criminal matters. I would seal it and avoid the problem. In Nevada, once a case is sealed, its deemed never to have occurred. Good Luck.

The answer above is only based upon the limited information provided. The answer is limited and my review is likewise limited, and thus the response is not intended to be acted upon as legal advice. Although licensed in numerous states, I am currently only licensed to practice law in the state of Nevada. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office. Any information provided is for discussion purposes only and there is no attorney-client relationship formed. Only general legal information is provided. Each case is unique and accurate legal advise would require review of all details and documents for each specific case. It is possible that the comments here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate.