WILL I HAVE TOTAL CONTROL OVER THE HOME AND THE EQUITY NOW THAT THE GRANT DEED IS IN MY NAME?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rodeo, CA

THE SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE OF MY MOTHERS TRUST HAS BEEN SO DIFFICULT AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT DOES THE GRANT DEED IN MY NAME MEAN IN TERMS OF THE EQUITY AND THE HOUSE?

1. Hillary Johns

3

1

Answered . A lawyer would have to revie the deed, the proposal, and all documents pertaining to it to give you an exact answer. It's probably worth your time and money to hire a lawyer to advise you as to your best course of action.

2. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You need to have a local attorney review your documentation to provide you with guidance. It would be impossible for a clear answer in this forum, we don't have the documents to review.

3. James P. Frederick

2

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Johns. You cannot get an answer without having the documents reviewed. If you are the owner of the house, it is hard to see how the trustee would be involved with it. An attorney can clarify your status after reviewing the paperwork.

James Frederick