Will I have to serve the entire 80 days sentence in jail?

Orlando, FL |

I was just sentenced to 80 days in the Seminole County jail in Sanford, Florida. What are the chances I will have to serve the entire 80 days? I believe I will get credit for 1 day for the original arrest, and this is the first time I've ever been arrested. Thank you in advance for your time.

You will get credit for all your previous time served even if it was for a partial day.
Booked in at 11:43 pm bonded out at 3:05 am is 2 days credit.
Additionally if you work ( think kitchen, laundry etc you get additional time off plus what's called your "good and gain" time. Best guess on 80 days is somewhere between 55-70 days.

You generally get 5 days credit for each month. So the actual time in 5 points will be less than 80 days by around 12 or 13 perhaps.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

It is never good when someone goes to jail. Usually in Seminole County, you get credit for the time you spent at the SCJ when you were arrested and five days a month thereafter. You can get another five days a month if you can get a "trusty" job. You can loose this time if you have any rule infractions or violations. Good luck!!!