Will i have to put a inter locking device on both my truck as well as my motor scooter . this my 3rd DUI in 35 years .

Asked over 1 year ago - Levittown, PA

how long does it take to till i loose my license . i was pulled over 16th of Feb . how much will my lawyer cost me ?

1. Mark Forrest Walmer

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. Since you say this is the third in 35 years, we know one was 35 years ago, so it would not count for sentencing purposes. The real question is whether your second was within the last ten years. If so, this is a second offense, which implies jail time, parole, and ignition interlock. You should at least take advantage of a consultation with an experienced DUI attorney in your county.

2. Ellis B. Klein

Pro

6

Answered . You need to speak with local counsel as much more information is needed. Local attorneys are more familiar with the programs specific to that county and are more familiar with the sentencing judge's tendencies.
    The main question is how many DUIs do you have in the past 10 years. If this is the first in 10 years then you would be sentenced as a first offender. Almost every judge in Bucks (except for 1) typically gives the minimum which in your case is 48 or 72 hours in jail. Minimum security is a possibility, although the prior record could complicate things.
    Most attorneys, including myself, offer free consultations and payment plans.

Ellis Klein, Esquire
    Former Bucks County Senior Deputy District Attorney
    215-639-5297
    www.ykacrim.com

3554 Hulmeville Road
    Bensalem PA 19020

3. Robert C. Keller

4

Answered . There is now a look back period of 10 years, so the first question is how many DUIs occurred during that time period. Once your lawyer has this information he will look to see what your blood alcohol level is on your present case or whether you had drugs in your system or refused to submit to a test. All these factors must be calculated in determining your exposure and what the attorney's fees may be. It is suggested that you look for a criminal attorney with expertise in DUI cases. Good luck.

4. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . Mr. Keller is exactly correct. Your question can not be answered with the information supplied. You would be best served by speaking privately with one or more qualified criminal defense attorneys practicing in your area. In that setting a lawyer can get all of the necessary facts to advise you regarding the consequences of this most recent arrest.