Will i have to pay tax on an inheritance from a foreign country

Miami, FL |

my friend's mom past away recently, she was given some money, will she have to pay inheritance tax from that? Her mom lived in another country.

1. She won't have to pay the IRS for receiving an inheritance; but that doesn't mean that no taxes will be due. Sounds contradictory, right? Watch the video on the first page of my website 411FlaLaw.com. Issue 5 is about "death taxes" and Issue 8 talks about retirement assets.

Most people are not fully aware of the effect their legal case will have on their Financial & Estate Plan. I welcome the opportunity to discuss your unique situation with you so that you will know the financial impact that your case may have. You may find more information in articles, videos, and blog entries on my website www.411FlaLaw.com. Disclaimer: The response above is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, would significantly alter the above response.

Probate topics