Skip to main content

Will i have to go to jail for violating probation?

Austin, TX |

I was put on probation for 1 year in austin texas. The reason was damage to a car my lawyer got me that deal of probation. I was ticketed for no license and amplified music at one point as soon as it happen i let my p.o know she set up a hearing and i signed some paperrs that said if i mess up one more time i will go to jail for six months and have to pay 2000 dollars. i was on ly last month of probation and i only had to call in for my last month , but i got tickets again 2 p.o.m charges in one week and about 4traffic tickets and one possesion of parafenelia. i did not let my p.o know about it and she sent me a letter i had to sign to read that i have a meeting with her. what will happen ? can i hire a lawyer to keep me out of jail?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Well, yes you can and certainly should hire an attorney, but honestly, I'd say the odds of the attorney being able to keep you out of jail altogether are not great. You might end up with a somewhat better sentence, but apparently you didn't take that whole thing seriously about committing no other offenses, and yeah, you can very definitely go to jail for that. If I understand this correctly, after your first round of all this, which you got lucky and got forgiven, you somehow managed to pick up SEVEN new offenses in less than a month, two of them Class B drug charges. Ticket or not, you can get six months in jail for each of those, by the way. Honestly, as long as they file the MRP before the deadline, I cannot imagine the circumstances under which you're not going to end up in jail if those marihuana charges are at all valid (and maybe even if they're not), so "get your affairs in order", as they say.

  2. From your convoluted description one thing emerges clearly:
    you must retain a good crininal defense attorney in your jurisdictions to successfully address your elaborate conduct.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

  3. You definitely need a lawyer. The new charges are significant and there is a great chance that the State will push the judge to revoke your probation. Also, a conviction for POM will result in the suspension of your driver's license.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics