Will I go to jail if I don't pay $10k Atlantic city casino marker?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I lost all my money and can't pay this marker off.

1. Michael T Millar

Pro

6

Answered . It is likely a civil and not a criminal matter.

2. Mark Michael Campanella

Pro

4

Answered . Failure to pay back a debt is not a criminal offense, although they will likely commence an action to secure a judgment against you for the amount due. If you are the same person who posted a similar question regarding bankruptcy, please see that answer as well for additional details.

3. Andrew Nicholas Clifford

5

Answered . My experience with casino debt is that they will likely seek to get a civil judgment against you and collect the debt that way. Speak with a local attorney that specializes in consumer debt defense and/or bankruptcy.

4. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . My hunch is that it is not criminal (unless there is fraud) but I suggest you post this in the New Jersey Avvo criminal section.

5. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

2

Answered . It would be a criminal offense in Nevada. Hope this perspective helps!