Will i go to jail if charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

Orlando, FL |

i am 18 years old about 2 months back i was with a 16 year old friend and his friends which were 15 and 16 we went to the mall the 15 year old invited 2 girls a 13 year old and 14 year old we all became friends and the 13 year old and me kept in contact and we are always talking i visited her house 2-3 times during midnight hours and she would sneak out and we would hang around outside and talk nothing sexual ever happened im a full time student i understand it is wrong to do when her parents found out they told me to stop talking to her and stop going there i let them know that i told there daughter i could not keep seeing her or speaking to her and i let her parents know that i had seen cut marks on her wrists and the only reason i was talking to her because i was worried that she harm h

herself the parents now contacted the police and said it was contributing to the delinquency of a minor i have no money for a lawyer i am almost about to be with no place to stay as my roommate kicked me out of the partment 1 week ago and ive been staying in a hotel the police officer will be visiting me tomorrow to speak to me about whats going on i let the officer know i stopped talking with her and she still tries to contact me.

1. You should be spending time with people your own age. Join a club or play intramural sports. If you can't take your mind of of this child, get counseling. Stop talking about this online. If the authorities contact you, tell them you want a lawyer.

http://www.defendme.net | The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.

2. It does not sound like you committed a crime. Talking with a minor in this case is not against the law, however, you have left yourself open to false allegations of sexual activity. Even encouraging sexual or illegal activity could result in criminal charges. Do not talk with law enforcement, insist on an attorney. The job of the police is to arrest people. They do not clear names. If the police had enough evidence to arrest you, they would do so. If they haven't arrested you yet, they probably don't have enough evidence. They gather evidence by talking to you. Don't participate in the interview without an attorney.