Will I go to jail????

Orlando, FL |

I was arrested for petit , less than $100) a few days ago in Orlando FL where I live,spend a few hours in jail before getting bonded out.my courtdate is in about a month..this is my first charge as an adult.I DiD get arrested when I was 16 for domestic violence but the judge dropped the case.does this count??

1. If you do not have any prior offenses it is very unlikely that you will go to jail for the petit theft. If the domestic violence case was dropped, it legally cannot be used against you.

2. Highly unlikely, however you still should retain the services of an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area.

3. Probably not but your main goal is to resolve this case without being convicted so that one day you can clear your record. Because of your lack of prior record you have several options. Call me if you would like to discuss your case. Good luck.

http://www.brycefetter.com/SHOPLIFTING.html

4. It is highly unlikely that you will go to jail on this petit theft charge. If the domestic violence charge was dropped that cannot be used against you. If this was your first offense, usually the State Attorney will offer you a Misdemeanor Intervention Program . If you sucessfully complete it they will enter a no prosecute which will allow you to seal your record. Good luck.

Sincerely,
    B. Elaine Jones, Esq..

5. I practice in Orlando and I can tell you it is highly unlikely you will go to jail. What is more pressing is whether you can get into a diversion program so you can get your theft case dropped. Call us if you have any more questions.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.