Will i get points to my insurance? and can i take traffic school?

Asked 12 months ago - Charlotte, NC

I had gotten a ticket a few months ago for speeding but my lawyer said it was improper equipment. now i just recently got one that the officer reduced to 9mph. Will i get points to my insurance? or can i take traffic school and get it waived?

1. Dennis H. Sullivan Jr.

4

Answered . If you have no other tickets in the last three years, then the 9-over will not give you insurance points. If you are given the option of traffic school, then you should take it and then it would be reduced to another equipment violation.

2. James Kevan Minick

Pro

Answered . As long as there are no other tickets on your record, your insurance should be ok, but consult with an attorney to make sure you are covered

3. Michael R Crosner

Answered . Very good information & advice from attorney Sullivan