Will i get points to my insurance? and can i take traffic school?

Charlotte, NC |

I had gotten a ticket a few months ago for speeding but my lawyer said it was improper equipment. now i just recently got one that the officer reduced to 9mph. Will i get points to my insurance? or can i take traffic school and get it waived?

If you have no other tickets in the last three years, then the 9-over will not give you insurance points. If you are given the option of traffic school, then you should take it and then it would be reduced to another equipment violation.

Very good information & advice from attorney Sullivan

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

As long as there are no other tickets on your record, your insurance should be ok, but consult with an attorney to make sure you are covered

Answers given on this site are intended to be general in nature and do not create attorney-client privilege.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets