Will I get points for speeding and expired DL?

Asked 6 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I'm from California. I was driving home from Texas back home. I was driving 94 mph in 80 mph zone. The road was absolutely empty and I didn't noticed I was speeding. If I pay the ticket will I get any points in my record? Also, I had another violation - I had expired dl. Since I'm waiting for my new visa I can not renew my California DL. But I had my international DL but the officer didn't want to look at it. Can I get no points to my record at all? This is my first ticket.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jennifer J Wirsching

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . CA will add points for moving violations.

  2. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need an attorney in the state where you received the citation.

  3. J. Denise Carter

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I'd call a Texas traffic lawyer and see if they can keep these off your record. Hope that's helpful

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,655 answers this week

2,919 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,655 answers this week

2,919 attorneys answering