Will I get my refund from Western Union after my receiver couldn't get the money?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I had sent money for pickup by the receiver, but the agent told her that the MTCN was not going through. I called Western Union to find out why her MTCN wasn't working, because I processed my funds to be delivered to her correctly. I was told by the Western Union agent on the phone that the money had been pick up. She was still waiting at the Western Union branch trying to receive the money. They assured me they had put my case into investigation, but it will take about 20days. The money was to be sent urgently and I cannot lose the money I have sent her. I don't know what to expect in 20days, and I really need my money.
Customer Service cannot do much to help me either.

Any suggestions please, on how to refund my money with Western Union?

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

Answered . If they do not pay you, then you can go to court but that will take longer than 20 days. You may speak to a supervisor at Western Union to discuss the situation.

2. Ronald C. Burke

Answered . Ask the Western Union agent to provide you with written proof that the money was picked up, the name and photo identity of the person who picked it up. They must tell you the name of the person who allegedly picked up the funds. Was that person known to the receiver? Also ask the receiver for a written statement that she did not pick up the money. Let Western Union know that you can't wait 20 days and that a crime may have been committed (theft of your funds). Perhaps you should file a complaint with the police.