Will I get jail time for a FTA larceny 6th?

New Haven, CT |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I failed to go to court at the time my daughters father died and it was a hard time for me now I have a warrant just want to get it fixed but I'm wondering if I will face jail time

It is unlikely that you will be looking at jail time unless you have a lengthy criminal record. You should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to ensure the best possible result.

I can't afford an attorney also may I add that I had a another fta I don't have a criminal record besides this.

Jail is always possible with a criminal conviction; however, it not likely. You do need an attorney to insure you avoid the conviction

I practice at Enfield court.

Attorney Salvatore Bonanno
Law Offices of Salvatore Bonanno
67 Russ Street
Hartford, CT 06106
(860) 527-6500 Office
(860) 246-6786 Fax
salvatore.bonanno@comcast.net
www.hartfordlaw.net

Attorney Bonanno's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should carefully consider advice from an attorney hired and who has all facts necessary to properly advise a client, which is why these answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

A conviction on the failure to appear (FTA), particularly being your second FTA conviction, is a serious matter. Although I agree with the other attorneys that the imposition of jail time is not a strong probability, it is strongly recommended that you hire an attorney to represent you. If you cannot afford an attorney, I recommend that you speak to the public defender's office to see if you qualify. This is not the sort of charge for which you should represent yourself.

Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 724-6426 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no specific action should be taken in reliance thereon. No attorney-client relationship is created through this response. You should speak to an licensed attorney in your state who is competent to answer your question before taking any action with regard to this question.

Jail is possible with a criminal conviction; however, it not likely. You need to retain an attorney to evaluate the situation and consider the Court's history in similar situations and hopefully avoid a conviction.

I'm not your attorney and the answer above is fact dependent.