Will I get jail time for a FTA larceny 6th?

Asked over 1 year ago - New Haven, CT

I failed to go to court at the time my daughters father died and it was a hard time for me now I have a warrant just want to get it fixed but I'm wondering if I will face jail time

Attorney answers (4)

  1. John Paul Thygerson


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is unlikely that you will be looking at jail time unless you have a lengthy criminal record. You should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to ensure the best possible result.

  2. Salvatore Bonanno


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Jail is always possible with a criminal conviction; however, it not likely. You do need an attorney to insure you avoid the conviction

    I practice at Enfield court.

    Attorney Salvatore Bonanno
    Law Offices of Salvatore Bonanno
    67 Russ Street
    Hartford, CT 06106
    (860) 527-6500 Office
    (860) 246-6786 Fax

    Attorney Bonanno's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client... more
  3. Brian S Karpe

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . A conviction on the failure to appear (FTA), particularly being your second FTA conviction, is a serious matter. Although I agree with the other attorneys that the imposition of jail time is not a strong probability, it is strongly recommended that you hire an attorney to represent you. If you cannot afford an attorney, I recommend that you speak to the public defender's office to see if you qualify. This is not the sort of charge for which you should represent yourself.

    Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 724-6426 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no... more
  4. Blake Lamont Kelley

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Jail is possible with a criminal conviction; however, it not likely. You need to retain an attorney to evaluate the situation and consider the Court's history in similar situations and hopefully avoid a conviction.

    I'm not your attorney and the answer above is fact dependent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,397 answers this week

3,112 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,397 answers this week

3,112 attorneys answering