Skip to main content

Will i get extradited to AZ from CA if I don't pay a $1400. non-support hold-harmless agreement.

Clovis, CA |
Filed under: Family law

I filed chpt 7 bankruptcy bcuz we lost EVERYTHING prior to separation . Hold - harm related to debt I promised to pay ex after we split $ from liquidated inventory . I was discharged of all JOINT debts & hold - harm included in bankruptcy . Trustee took over all $ to pay joint business debts . I petitioned AZ court for relief of hold - harm agreement bcuz I'm disabled & unable to work . I live on SSA . I have no other debt . I was denied relief by AZ court bcuz AZ claimed I was NOT discharged of hold - harm bcuz discharge didn't SPECIFICALLY state hold - harm WAS discharged . Was ordered to start paying ex . I don't have $ to pay . Ex WILL file complaint & I will be in contempt of court . I was not represented in either case . I'm afraid to be extradited to face jail time if I don't pay . I don't know what to do .

Attorney Answers 1


I do not think so, it would be too expensive/ But Arizona sheriffs are old fashioned coots.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics