Will I get drug tested on the day of my hearing?

Asked over 1 year ago - Wilmington, NC

I am 18 years old and in North Carolina. I was charged with speeding, drug paraphnelia (scale/bowl) and posession of one half ounce or less. This is my first time criminal offense. I have a lawyer working to get it expungement, but I was also wondering if the court would drug test me the day of my court date (October 31st) if anyone could give me some insight of different ways this trial could go would be a great help and appreciated.

I was charged on may 3rd of the same year. Had court date moved twice.

1. Dustin R. T. Sullivan

Answered . It really depends on the court and the Judge, but the answer is yes you may be tested. In my county of Brunswick, our judges will require you to be tested depending on the judge. Speak to your attorney and find out who the judge is. Your attorney will know whether or not that judge usually tests or not.

Any advice given does not enter the Attorney and person asking the question into any privileged relationship.
  2. Damon John Chetson

Answered . It is unlikely for you to be drug tested on the court date. However, it does happen. You should avoid any drug use. Even if you were drug tested, most people familiar with these things understand that marijuana metabolites can stay in the body for 20 or 30 days. However, you should stop drug use since if you're tested a month or two into the 90-96 program, and come back positive, you may be violated and end up with a conviction.