Will I get deported for a felony when I'm 14 years old?

Englewood, CO |

Hi. I was admitted to USA with an asylum status with my family. I'm 14 years old and recently got my green card approved and it's on its way for delivery. In September I got a ticket for shoplifting. I was taken to jail or arrested, I was released without a parent. My court date is scheduled for November 6. On October 28th I got charged for Aggravated motor Vehicle Theft and False reporting. I went to pre trial on October 29th. The judge put me in a program. I WILL NOT be going tO jail. f I complete this program I WONT be CONVICTED, my charges will be DISMISSED, and might be expunged. I'm wondering if I can be deported after completing this. And If I do get deported.. Does my family have to come too? I don't want to ruin it for them.

You just asked this identical question and I told you to get a criminal defense attorney who is also familiar with immigration law. You have a court date set for next week and you need to act quickly. Now, you have added additional information which seems to mention that you were given diversion, which would have been good to add in your initial post. It is still in your best interest to talk with an immigration attorney about this.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

You need to take a copy of your criminal records to an experienced immigration attorney. A diversion program can help protect you from deportation as you will not be convicted of a crime. However, diversion programs can also be problematic depending upon whether you are required to admit what you did and the actual requirements imposed. In addition, your recent arrest for shoplifting may invalidate the diversion program. You need to take this very seriously as you can be deported if the matters are not properly handled.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

Hire an immigration attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

No, but please stay away from trouble.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.