Will i get any jail time for dws-prior?i go to court in 3 days.

Seymour, IN |

i got pulled over for dws-prior is what the cop said.i went to jail and posted $705 bond 7 hours later.when i go to court will i do any jail time?i had no idea my license was suspended so i dont think it should be my fault if i didnt know.i was just picking my wife up from work when they arrested me right infront of my 2 little kids.i just wanna know if i need a lawyer and if there will be any jail time?

1. I would recommend that you hire a criminal defense lawyer since you are facing a criminal charge. The charge of Driving While Suspended - Prior is a Class A Misdemeanor and carries a possible sentence from a minimum of 0 days in jail up to 1 year in jail. It's impossible to know what type of sentence you would receive if you are found guilty without knowing more details about your case. A defendant's criminal history and other factors may be important in determining what type of sentence a defendant receives.

Juan Garcia, Jr.
    Attorney At Law