Will I face jail time for felony shoplifting if the person I was with confesses to the crime

Atlanta, GA |
Filed under: Felony crime

1. See my guide as it pertains to predictions.

You should hire/retain a lawyer. You might, depending on all the facts, still be prosecuted on a theory of aiding and abetting, or conspiracy.

Talk to no one else.

There is no attorney-client relationship formed as a result of this communication. If you find this information helpful, please check "Positive" or"Plus" or"Up" on the box below. You may contact me at 1-(607) 773-0758, or by e-mail through this site if you wish to follow up confidentially.

2. In Georgia, there is a statute regarding a "Party to a Crime" that provides that someone who assists another in committing a crime is just as responsible and faces the same punishment as the person who technically committed the crime. If you are charged with any felony, you really need a lawyer working with you to protect your interests and get the best outcome possible. Please let me know if I can be of assistance. I would be happy to help.

Regards,

M. Jason Rhoades