Will I do jail time, get house arrest, or what will happen?

Las Vegas, NV |

I am a juvenile on formal probation, and last weekend i was arrested for shoplifting beer at a Smiths. At booking a guy who worked there told me that the cop who had arrested me didn't charge me with anything. Although when my mom went to pick me up, they said that the information will be sent to my PO. I have to see my PO tomorrow and I don't know what to expect. I was also listed as a run away from my mom and in booking they told me that they would send that information to the judge, and i don't know what could happen there either. I have 4 months left of probation.

Its at the discretion of your PO, and there are a lot of variables including your compliance up to this point etc, my suggestion is that you speak with a criminal defense lawyer in your area to determine your best course of action.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

If no charges were filed, then it is up to your PO to decide whether or not to charge you with a violation. As for what will occur, that depends on negotiations between your counsel and the DA, or if none are successful, up to the judge. I've done a lot of juvenile work, and I suggest you hire a good lawyer who knows the juvenile process. Don't rely on the Public Defender. Depending on what your underlying offense was for, you could end up at Spring Mountain or even Caliente if your lawyer isn't aggressive and persuasive.

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law