Will I be tested for alcohol when I report to court for my sentencing?

Elmhurst, IL |

I am from Illinois and I am 19 so underage, my bond is a PR bond and states no use of drugs or alcohol. I was arrested at The Electric Forest music festival for possession of drugs. Alcohol had no part in my arrest or charge. I have abstained from any type of drug, but I am unsure about alcohol. My main concern is an EGT test, which tests for alcohol up to 80hrs.

Also, my charges are in the state of Michigan.

You are 19 and shouldn't be drinking, especially because of the bond. I don't think you'll be tested for alcohol, but if you get caught purchasing, drinking, having drank or being drunk, you'll violate your bond. You don't want to do that.

I understand that and I have gone to great lengths to make sure I am clear of any situations that could put me in violation of my bond. The only reason that I ask is because I do drink with my family. (wine with Sunday dinners, having a few beers with my dad while watching football, ext) Thank you for for your imput.

You should consult with a Michigan attorney for best answers, but if you are in doubt, refrain from alcohol for 81 or more hours before going to court.

My attorney in Michigan is sure that I will be drug tested for my bond but is not certain about alcohol since my charges had nothing to do with it.

Not likely. What kind of drugs?

Prescription anesthesia with intent to distribute, and possession an imitation substance. The immitation substance I am unclear as to what it was but I believe I had some hits of "acid" that tested to be an analouge drug of LSD.

State, local, and municipal law topics