Will I be sent to jail

Asked about 1 year ago - Saint Cloud, MN

I was caught about 3 years ago shoplifting amount was under 20 dollars and I was recently caught again amount under 20

1. Thomas C Gallagher

1

Answered . Jail is not common for a small theft crime, even with one priors - though a Judge could execute some jail time. The real problem is living with a criminal record and the thief label forever. Work with your lawyer.

2. Douglas Troy Kans

Pro

Answered . Generally speaking a theft of this nature would likely not result in such sanctions. However, since this is your second in such a short period of time you do want to proceed with some caution. I would speak with an attorney prior to your court appearance. In addition, take the opportunity to speak with the prosecutor prior to entering into any plea to see if you can reach an agreement prior to resolving anything. Good luck!

One or more answers have been taken down.