Will I be hold up in the Airport?

Asked over 1 year ago - Flushing, NY

3 years ago, I got arrested for shoplifting twice. The second time after I paid $3000 bail I left for Asia. Until today. Will I be hold up in the airport when I back to U.S.

Is this "bail jumping"? I am a US citizen. I am worry about I will be arrest on the spot and no body can help me.

I am planning back to US around July. What should I do before that? How do I know if I have a open warrant?

1. Howard A. Schwartz

5

Answered . It is quite possible. If you have an open warrant there may be information which shows up when you try to enter. Good luck.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

1

Answered . Are you a US citizen? If YES, you should not have a problem. If NO, it could depend on what you plead guilty to. If you received something that did not leave you a criminal record you should not have a problem. If you received two petit larceny convictions you could have a problem.

3. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

3

Answered . Yes....You very likely will.
    Hire an attorney to appear for you to ask the judge to vacate the warrant.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

4. Ronald Steven Nir

Pro

2

1

Answered . As you are a United States Citizen there are no immigration worries. Whether you are stopped by ICE in the airport is dependent on what information is in their computers as to any warrants or detainers. It may be that there is none in their computer which does not mean that you should not take care of your warrant. There is always the potential with being charged with an additional charge of bail jumping. You should hire an attorney to look into this matter immediately and prior to your return.

5. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

Answered . You need to contact the court to find out if there are warrants. An attorney can help you. It is only bail jumping if you failed to appear in court when you were supposed to and if so you better fix it right away and have a very good reason for not showing up.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.

The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    (347) 628-2391