Will I be drug tested on Pennsylvania A.R.D. program? Can I leave state?

Gettysburg, PA |

I was arrested for a DUI a few months ago. I consented to a blood test at the hospital. The test came back with a B.A.C. of .11 and the test showed that I had marijuana in my system (I had smoked about a week and a half before this).

I plan on entering the Pennsylvania A.R.D. program but I am wondering about specific conditions of this. My job requires that I may have to move to New York soon. It is also highly likely (yes, I know) that will I be around people who will more than likely be smoking marijuana, while at work as an audio engineer. My question is, will I be drug tested on the A.R.D. program? Can I move to New York while on A.R.D.? Two acquaintances have told me they weren't drug tested and that it is basically unsupervised probation.

In the counties where I practice they do not usually drug test you while on ARD. In fact in many Counties your probationary period is non reporting. That is not to say that an Adult Probation Department will not drug test you. I strongly suggest talking with a qualified DUI attorney in the County where this took place to get a better understanding of the procedures as well as any possible defenses you may have in the case.

It likely won't be an issue moving to NY as long as you are current in payment of your fees and costs and you have complied with all other requirements of ARD. You will need to check with probation first, however. As for Drug testing Mr. Cooper is correct however some counties do perform drug testing on ARD probationers. Check with the attorney in your case. He or she should know best.

This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.

I agree with my colleagues and suggest you retain a criminal defense attitude to help you through the whole process. Good luck.