Will I be drug tested immediately following a court ruling or will there be a time frame to get clean? (Illinois- Cook County)

Chicago, IL |

First offense, class 4 felony cannabis possession. Case has been assigned to a courthouse for one week from now. I'm worried that this will not be enough time to clean my system. What are the odds of the ruling being given on the first trial date as well as the odds of being tested right away? I'm not sure if I will be told to clean up and come back in a month if I'm convicted, or if they will tell me to turn around and go get tested immediately.

Whether you are tested the first time in court will depend upon the judge and the prosecutor. Assume you will be tested and satrted getting clean now. Then stay clean. Speak to your lawyer about your situation for fuyrtehr guidance and advice.

Which courthouse? Are you on pre-trial services?

Many factors determine if you will be required to drop on the next court date. Consult with your attorney ASAP. It is early in the case several approaches will be available to you, but start preparing now by anticipating the drop. That means don't use. If this is a difficulty then consider other treatment alternatives.

This answer/response is based on the information provided in the question asked and requires a much more complete context than is available in this public forum. Please do NOT use this answer/response to say or do anything regarding your situation. BEFORE you say or do anything consult with an experienced Federal and/or state criminal defense attorney in your jurisdiction who will listen to you and your concerns.